Feeding Children Everywhere (FCE) has always been dedicated to helping those in need by providing healthy and nutritious food. To make it through just one month financially, over 65% of families need financial assistance in order to provide food according to JPMC statistics. Since COVID-19 has affected our economy in such a drastic way, there is a huge need for our virtual food bank, Full Cart. This meal distribution option helps those who face food insecurity by delivering meals and grocery items directly to the door of those who need it most. This is especially necessary for those who need food assistance while practicing social distancing.
During these trying times, FCE has decided to redirect all efforts by offering support to those affected by COVID-19. If you or your family are in need of food assistance, Full Cart is here for you. To request help, you can apply here to receive emergency food assistance. If you would like to provide help, you can donate through our Good Deeds portal to directly sponsor a box of food for a family in need. Full Cart serves families nationwide, and with the help of our donors, we are able to directly impact those affected by COVID-19.
We are so grateful for the many Hunger Heroes who have donated to cover the cost of food to provide emergency relief for families since the COVID-19 crisis began!
Hunger Hero Spotlight
In addition to the 2,700 grocery boxes already sponsored (as of 5/1/20) through our emergency assistance campaign, we would like to take this opportunity to give a shoutout to our partners and thank them for their generous contributions!
- Chick-fil-A Tampa Bay has committed over 600 grocery boxes to be distributed to the Hillsborough Education Foundation in order to help families in the Tampa Bay area.
- Chick-fil-A Chattanooga has sponsored over 190 grocery boxes that were distributed to the Boys & Girls Club of the Ocoee Region and Catoosa Co. School District (GA).
- Healthy West Orange has committed to 625 boxes for those in need of assistance in West Orange County. We are so excited about this partnership and are looking forward to expanding the program!
- Thanks to the AARP Foundation, over 3,000 boxes of food have already been shipped to hungry seniors this week. Many of the recipients couldn’t believe the amount of food they were receiving and were beyond grateful to have it shipped directly to them as they follow shelter in place guidelines.
Here’s the Scoop
Check out where Feeding Children Everywhere and our program, Full Cart, have been mentioned in the news these past few weeks. We are grateful for amazing partners that are spreading the word and joining the fight against hunger!
- Cardinals Press Release
- The Hill
- the Boys and Girls Club
- The Cigna Foundation Press Release
- Vineland Rotary Club Article
Every day, more families are requesting emergency food assistance and we need your help in the fight against hunger. Together, we can make an impact and safely ship food to those who need it most. Your support will help us continue our services while protecting the health of those we serve.
*Check back for updates in response to COVID-19.