Happy World Environment Day! On days like today, we like to think about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and think about how we can help reach these objectives. These 17 SDG goals ‘are the world’s best plan to build a better world for people and our planet by 2030.” Every day we look for ways in which we can positively impact the environment for a better future.
Celebrate World Environment Day with us by implementing just one or even all of these ideas into your everyday life!
- Reduce your meat and dairy intake to stay healthy and reduce carbon emissions.
- Purchase an ebook or find a recipe online instead of a paper book to save some trees.
- Start a garden or support your local farmers’ market to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Buy reusable grocery bags to eliminate the waste of plastic bags in the future.
- Help provide food to support human life by donating to families who need it most.
Lettuce Start Reducing Food Waste
The average American wastes about 103 pounds of food each year. With hunger being a major issue in our world today, we work to make a change and encourage reducing food waste. Reducing, reusing, and recycling are just some of the many ways we encourage you to combat this issue. There are many fun ways to reduce waste and recycle by using items from the kitchen that you would usually throw away. Here are some ideas you can practice in your own home.
- Use the seeds leftover from your cut vegetables (such as bell peppers or tomatoes) and start the seed growing process in your kitchen or a small garden.
- Use your old coffee grounds as an all-natural fertilizer.
- Cut fruit and vegetables strategically to get the most out of your fresh produce.
- Plan your weekly meals in advance so you know exactly what to buy at the store and minimize food waste.
- Use stalks or peels of your favorite fruits and vegetables in your cooking (For example, you can put grated broccoli stalks into our Italian Veggie Pasta meal or using orange peels to flavor our yummy Instant Oatmeal).