Kindness is contagious, so let’s spread it around the world! November 13th is celebrated internationally as World Kindness Day. Introduced by the World Kindness Movement in 1998, many countries observe this day each year. This international holiday encourages people to partake in random acts of kindness, focusing on the positive power that connects us all together.
10 Random Acts of Kindness
There are many easy ways to spread random acts of kindness on this special day. True kindness should feel natural and sincere. Best of all, it leaves both you and the other person feeling happiness for days to come. Here are 10 Feeding Children Everywhere approved ideas:
- Take some groceries to a neighbor.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Send cookies to a long distance friend.
- Pay for the person behind you at lunch or the coffee shop.
- Bring doughnuts (or a healthy treat, like fruit) to work.
- Pack meals for hungry children and families.
- Make two lunches and give one away.
- Offer a homeless person a meal.
- Leave a dollar in a vending machine.
- Purchase dog or cat food and drop it off at a shelter.
Celebrate Today (and Every Day)!
Don’t keep kindness limited to one day! At Feeding Children Everywhere, we spread kindness all year long! You can host a Hunger Project any day you choose throughout the year. Our events provide a unique opportunity that makes giving back easy and helps serve a larger purpose: ending hunger. The result? A positive attitude and a sense of empowerment from making a difference by helping fight hunger for children and families everywhere.
“When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.” –Dalai Lama. Practicing kindness brings a sense of joy and happiness for everybody involved- and you don’t have to wait until the next World Kindness Day to experience it. Get involved by packaging meals for those in need at a community project or you can host your own event!HOST A HUNGER PROJECT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES