Feeding Children Everywhere has a commitment to those we serve – to provide the healthiest meal possible for children and families around the world. This is why we chose to work directly with a nutritionist to put together the ingredients of our delicious Red Lentil Jambalaya.
Our meal is all-natural with no artificial flavorings. Our meal is also a sustainable addition to the daily diet.
Lentils include a great source of protein and fiber.
A global staple food, rice, is rich in carbohydrates which fuel and activate the body and mind.
Vegetables provide natural vitamins.
Pink Himalayan Salt
Pink Himalayan Salt has 84 trace minerals.
Veggies, Lentils and Rice, Oh My! The Feeding Children Everywhere meal is not only extremely healthy, but also very versatile. Everyone from professional Chefs to FCE enthusiasts have been asking for innovative ways to make our meal at home for their family and friends.
JumbalayaDownload the Recipe Card
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- 4-8 Chicken tenders
- Kielbasa sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 White Onion (medium dice)
- Red and green bell pepper (medium dice)
- One to Three tbsp creal seasoning to taste
- One dozen Shrimp
- Three-fourths tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 meal bag of Lentil Casserole, cooked
- Using a large sauté pan on medium to medium-high heat put a touch of olive oil in the pan.
- Place the chicken tender cutlets directly into the pan.
- Cut the kielbasa sausage into smaller pieces. Add the kielbasa into the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn chicken and kielbasa once the bottom reaches a golden brown.
- Add in all of the vegetables.
- Add a tablespoon of your creole seasoning (or more depending on your preference of flavor)
- After seasoning is cooked in, take out chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Put back into the pan.
- Move everything over to one side and add your shrimp to the open side of the pan. Add to taste more creole seasoning onto the shrimp. cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once shrimp is nearly finished cooking, add in just under a tablespoon (about three-fourths) of chopped garlic.
- Give it a good toss, and let cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the shrimp has cooked through pour everything in the pan into your cooked Feeding Children Everywhere meal. Mix and add creole seasoning to taste. Serve hot.