Feeding Children Everywhere (FCE) offers a unique internship experience unlike any other! While our headquarters are in Orlando, Florida, we are excited to offer intern opportunities in our Northeast location near the Hartford, Connecticut area!
All Northeast interns will specifically focus on our “Meal Packing Events” where hundreds to thousands of volunteers are empowered and mobilized to take a stand against world hunger, while packaging thousands of healthy meals for hungry children. Review the available opportunities below, apply now and Join the Movement!
Northeast Intern Opportunities
Northeast Operations Interns work directly with our Northeast Region Directors to lead our meal packing events! From mobilizing hundreds to thousands of volunteers, training and leading groups, to ensuring proper product inventory levels; this position offers an exciting opportunity to make a difference—hands on! Our events range from University Events, Elementary School Events, to Corporate Events, so this position requires a personality that can engage with all types of people. Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as willingness to get a little dirty (ie. filling inventory of rice, lentils, dehydrated vegetables, and Himalayan sea salt.) This will surely be a fun and rewarding experience, not to mention you will be working with an organization that sends millions of healthy meals to hungry children all around the world!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Pre & Post Event Preparation—which includes loading/unloading box trucks with product
- Traveling to & Leading our Meal Packing Events—all traveling expenses/meals are organized and covered by Feeding Children Everywhere
- Volunteer Management—Leading & training teams of volunteers at events and making phone calls to promote our events and to register volunteers
- Organizing and Counting Inventory/Merchandise
- Promoting events in the area
- Building awareness in the Northeast Region
- Strong Work Ethic & Positive Attitude
- Ability to meet and connect with new people
- Strong work ethic & good attitude
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50Ibs (refilling product during events)
- Weekend availability
- Attention to Detail
- FUN! (Our team likes to have a good time!)