Just how important is the fight against hunger in America? Let’s find out.
- One in seven American households are food insecure, a total of 17.2 million. (World Hunger) Food insecurity is defined as the lack of access to sufficient and nutritious foods that enable a healthy lifestyle.
- One in five American children are at risk of going hungry. (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- 49 million Americans are affected by hunger, 17 million being children. (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- 15.7 million children live in poverty, increasing the likelihood of them going hungry. (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Over 20 million children eat a free or reduced-price school lunch daily, what happens for dinner? (Food Research and Action Center)
- Children facing hunger are more likely to suffer health and learning deficiencies, as well as the increased likelihood of early anxiety and depression. (American Psychological Association)
- SIX, the number of people fed by a $1.50 donation to Feeding Children Everywhere.
How can you become a Hunger Hero?
‘Like’ Feeding Children Everywhere on Facebook to keep up with our events!
Tweet us at @IAMFCE to give us your opinion on hunger and how you would like to help!
Click here to sign up for a shift at Project 3 and see our other upcoming events!
Together, we are Feeding Children Everywhere.